Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Think Win-Win

A new day. But the incidents of the earlier day have left a mark on me. I am still not able to leave them behind. Yesterday one of my colleagues felt that I am trying to capture and rule his area of work.Now I am thinking how do I tell him that I believe so strongly in Covey's "Think Win-Win" funda.

Steven Covey in his book "7 habits of highly effective people" describes the fourth habit as "Think win win". According to him, Thinking Win-Win means believing that there is more than enough to go around for everybody and that the purpose of the game is to find ways that everybody involved gets as much as they can. It means actively looking for ways to genuinely help others succeed, ways which are fun, profitable and beneficial to all.

I strongly believe that, to genuinely feel good about other people attaining their dreams and having good things happen to them is a good habit to cultivate in the long run.

Since the time I trained myself in practicing the "Think Win/Win" habit ,I have been able to be a winner in most of my transactions. I intend to use this habit of mine to help others to succeed and make them feel better about themselves. Because at the same time it also makes me feel a lot good about myself.

And today I guess its time again, to make my colleague understand my funda of life. And that my intentions are not to make him lose, but to see to it that both of us win,infact all of us win.

No comments: